Your business network infrastructure is essential to the everyday and long-term operations of your organization. The network infrastructure is the backbone, or foundation, of a healthy business. Everything your business does, from administrative activities, to employee productivity and customer satisfaction are completely reliant on a well thought out network.
Without a solid network design in place, your business is as risk for many problems. Without proper communication with customers or access to inventory, client records and order functions, your clients will become unsatisfied and frustrations will arise among your employees.
What is Network Infrastructure?
Network infrastructure is the hardware and software that enable network connectivity, communication, operations and management within a business. It provides a connection between users, processes, applications, services and external networks. At Paxica Security Group, we are experts in strategizing and implementing all aspects of your network infrastructure plan.
Network infrastructure is a category of information technology that is used to provide network services that allow devices to interconnect and communicate with each other. Network infrastructure is critical to the success of your overall IT network plan. A well-planned network infrastructure of a company includes all of the components that enable your IT department to function. Some of the components include hardware such as servers, computers, switches, hubs, data centers and routers. Other aspects include software applications like customer management systems, enterprise resource planning, productivity and data management applications.
IT Network Infrastructure
IT is one of the most important and intrinsic features of today’s business. Organizations in virtually every industry around the world are very aware of the central roles that IT and networking play now, and in the near future. Whether your organization processes a huge amount of data per day or uses network connectivity for the bare minimum, having a good network management system keeps you one step ahead and moving fast.
Examples of IT Network Components
- Routers – Routers connect devices and networks together by forwarding traffic. This is how traffic gets from one place to another on a network like the Internet.
- Switches – A local area network can be created with the use of switches. Traffic is forwarded and connected to a centralized location through the Internet.
- Ethernet – Ethernet is defined as a system for connecting multiple computer systems to form a local area network, with protocols to control the passing of information and to avoid simultaneous transmission by two or more systems.
- Wireless Access Points – This is a networking hardware device that allows a WI-FI device to connect to a wired network. It is usually connected to a router as a standalone device or it can be an integral part of the router itself.
- Fiber Optics – These high capacity cables are used to create large networks including Internet backbones, global area networks, wide area networks, metropolitan area networks and campus wide networks.
The Importance of Network Design
The design of your network infrastructure is more than just hooking up the wires and cables for your business network. It involves custom tailoring of the network protocols and software for your unique computer and employee needs. Outdated network designs can cause your business to fall behind in efficiency and productivity. Since almost all your business operations rely on the functioning of your network, an unreliable network can severely affect everything you do – maybe even to the point of being non-operable. Without a strong network infrastructure, access to business data may be delayed or lost. Imagine your Internet going down. For many businesses, this would cause a full-stop of operations.
Planning your Network Infrastructure
When correctly planned, a network infrastructure will support its applications and be productive. The first step is a detailed assessment of the network’s current state. It is important to look at all aspects including the logical, physical and security perspectives. Identify the strengths and weaknesses and take time to compare the current state of your network to industry standards. Many find that most of the problems and inefficiencies come from a poorly designed planned.
What Paxica Can do for You
- We will partner with your business to understand your infrastructure requirements and the existing capabilities to ensure a solution that fits your specific needs.
- Create a solution that is easily scalable and has the capacity to meet your organizations future plans for growth.
- Provide a detailed infrastructure design plan and implementation
Network Cabling and Wiring Solutions
One of the major aspects of your network infrastructure is structured cabling. Put simply, structured cabling is a configuration of cables and hardware that interconnect various parts of your business communications. If this aspect of your system is not correctly installed, it can lead to long downtimes, as your IT team works to identify the issue. Point to point cabling can even cause dangerous overheating and unorganized wires can make it much more difficult to track mistakes and rectify them. Cabling systems are easily complicated and its important to trust experts like those at Paxica Security Group to plan and execute a network cabling system.
With an expert network infrastructure design from Paxica Security Group, you will have an easy to use, easy to improve, versatile network solution. Do not fall behind on efficiency because your network is clumsy or dated. Call Paxica Security Group to find out how your current business operations are working at their fullest potential with a smart and high-functioning network plan.